Science4Life provides a pack of analytical tests for ensuring the quality of products in terms of traceability and genuineness, as well as from the nutritional and nutraceutical point of view. This offer is available for all the wineries, food and olive oil companies that do not want to lose credibility, due to the falsification of their own property by those who make low cost and non-quality products. Along with such an analysis pack, Science4Life also provides a label, Science4Q, characterized by a unique QR code, protecting producer, product and final consumer. Therefore, the Science4Q pack aims to protect against falsification those companies that believe not only in the Made in Italy but, more generally, in the Made in and in product quality. It will be necessary that the final customer has a tablet or smartphone where a QR code reading system is installed and makes a scan of the Science4Q QR code present on the product, in order to obtain a set of information ensuring the product authenticity. The QR code will offer the opportunity to know:
- quality certification. Thanks to specific analysis determining unwanted heavy metals (Pb, Cd, Hg, As), xenobiotic agents (organophosphate and organochlorine pesticides, plasticizers) and pathogens (mycotoxins, pathogenic microorganisms), such certification guarantees the absence of chemical and biological contaminants in the food product;
- traceability certification. Thanks to the nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) analysis, the Stable Isotope Ratio Analysis (SIRA) analysis and analysis of genomic DNA, it will guarantee the geographical origin of the product and its raw materials;
- genuineness certification concerning compliance with the product characteristics and compliance with the quality marks DOC, DOP, IGP, PAT etc. Furthermore, a certification of product compliance with the European laws in force is provided;
- nutritional value. Thanks to different bromatological analysis, the nutritional value of the product will be indicated in terms of caloric value, % of moisture and ash, and content of dry residue, minerals, vitamins, carbohydrates, proteins, lipids and dietary fiber.
- nutraceutical value, indicating the health properties of the product and/or the individual ingredients, % RDA of individual nutrients and nutraceuticals.
The producer will be able to know by who and when the QR code of the product is scanned, in order to check the target customers and eventually design targeted marketing campaigns. The Science4Q solution strengthens the relationship of trust and respect between producers and consumers, which may at any time communicate and verify the product. The system allows to discourage counterfeiters to look at the products marked with the Science4Q QR code, because this is absolutely unique and irreproducible.